GM Young Suk Park
AWARD & CERTIFICATE
6th Degree Black Belt Officially Certified By Kukkiwon(World Taekwondo Headquarter)
US Bill Clinton Presidential Award of Excellence in Physical Education
Received the Highest Honorary Award Summa Cum Laude from Gyeongbuk Taekwondo Federation
Taekwondo Teaching Certificate for Children and Young Adults (2)
Award of Appreciation from French Taekwondo Federation & Chief of Olympic National Representative Technique Committee
Korean Chiropractic Institute Honorary Member
Competition Teaching Certification from Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism
Taekwondo (Master) Teaching Certification from Kukkiwon
Referee Certificate from Korea Taekwondo Association
Grand Master at Green People Taekwondo (1998-2006)
International Referee Certificate from World Taekwondo Federation
Certificate of Commendation from World Taekwondo Federation
Certificate of Commendation from Kukkiwon
Certificate of Appreciation from Korean Women Taekwondo Federation
Korean Military Academy Taekwondo Teaching Official (1993~1996)
Director of Kukkiwon Education Committee (1995-1999)
Chief Technique Evaluative Committee Divisional Judge of Korea Elementary School Taekwondo Association
National Taekwondo Instructor in Iran
The Chief of School Site Council at Paho Elementary School
Prez. & Adviser Sun Jang Lee
Sung Kyun Kwan University, Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, February 1997
Kyung Hee University, M.A. in Exercise Physiology, February 1992
The Korean National Physical Education University, Major in Tae Kwon Do, February 1989
Honorary Professor, Department of Taekwondo at Keimyung University in South Korea (1996-Current)
Executive Officer, Korean Association of Sport Research (1998-Present)
Executive Officer, Korean Association of Sports Nutrition (2004-2005)
Executive Officer, Taegu Association of Physical Education (2004-Present)
Visiting Professor, College of Health and Human Performance, University of Florida
Director, China Eastern Beijing International Taekwondo Center (2006)
Chief Director, Keimyung University Korea Taekwondo Center (2008-Present)
Vice Chair, Department of Education, World Taekwondo Federation (2008-Present)
Chief Deputy Officer, College of Physical Education, Keimyong University (2011-Present)
Teaching Instructor, Taekwondo Masters Education Special Program, Kukkiwon (2011-Present)
Editing Committee, Publication Center of Kukkiwon (2011-Present)
MARTIAL ARTS JOB EXPERIENCE
Coach, Seoul Paralympic Korean Representative Team (1988)
Director, Taekwondo Team, Keimyung University (1996-Current)
Visiting Coach, France National Taekwondo Team at (1997)
Korean Representative Coach, Caribbean International Taekwondo Open Competition (1997 May-June)
Instructor, IOC Olympic Solidarity Course in Taekwondo (1999)
Republic of Korea Representative, Taekwondo Demonstration Team in US, China and France (1998-2005)
Vice Chief, Planning Committee of Korean Taekwondo Association (2002-2003)
Organizing Committee, Kyeongju International Women Taekwondo Open Competition (2002)
Broadcaster, 2004 Greece Athens Olympic Taekwondo Commentator at SBS
Executive Member, Korean University Taekwondo Association (2004-Present)
Executive Director, Korean University Taekwondo Association (104 Universities) (2005-Present)
Broadcasting Commentator, Singapore IOC Youth Olympic Taekwondo Competition at SBS (2010)
Executive Committee, Kyong-Ju International Taekwondo Competition by World Taekwondo Federation (2011)
CERTIFICATIONS/ ATHLETIC ACHIEVEMENT
1st Place, 19th Presidential Competition in South Korea (1984)
1st Place and Final National Representative in Taekwondo (1984)
**1st Place (Gold Metal) in World Taekwondo Championship in 1985
Presidential Athletic Sports Award from the Government of South Korea by President Jeon (1986)
5th Black Belt Degree from the World Taekwondo Federation (1990)
International Referee Certificate from World Taekwondo Federation (2000)
US Presidential Athletic Award from President Bill Clinton (2001)
Honorary Citizen from the City of Raleigh, North Carolina (2006)
1) Field Test for Evaluation of Anaerobic Performance in Taekwondo Players, The Korean Journal of Sports
2) The Effect of Music Type on Exercise Intensity and Mood State in Taekwondo Poomse Drill, Korean Sports Research,2004,vol.15,No.1pp.533~542
3) The Relationship Between Etiquette Awareness and Juvenile Delinquency Along With Participation in
Adolescent Taekwondo Practice, Korea Sport Research,2003,vol.14,No.5pp.911~924
4) A Study on Exercise Intensity and Energy Consumption During Taekwondo Training, Korea Sports Research, 2003,vol.14,No.5 pp. 2047~2058
5) The Model Fit Test of Effect for Taekwondo Training on the Children’s Behavior, Korea Sports Research,2003,vol.14,No.5pp.633~646
6) The Responses of Heart Rate and Blood Lactate Concentration Following Performance Difference of Taekwondo Poomsae, The Korean Journal of Sports Science, 2002,vol.11.No.1.pp.573~583
7) Calculation of Exercise Intensity Using Heart Rate and Blood Lactate Concentration During Taekwondo Game, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, 2001,vol.15,pp.685-695
8) The Effect of Lactate Threshold, Peak Lactate and Recovery Blood Lactate Concentration in Difference of
Weight Reduction Period, Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies,2000, vol.14,pp.603-612
9) The Effect of Two Different Periods of Weight-reduction on Maximal Aerobic Capacity and Anaerobic
Threshold in Taekwondo Athletes, The Korean Journal of sports Science, 2000,vol.9.No.2.pp.731~740
10) The Effects of Rapid Weight Loss Period on Cardiorespiratory Functions and Anaerobic Power in Taekwondo Players , The Korean Journal of sports Science, 1998,vol.7.No.1.pp.249~258.
11) The Effect of Rapid Weight Loss Periods on Cardiorespiratory, Muscle Function and Blood Components
12) The Influence of Rapid Weight Loss Periods on Cardiorespiratory and Muscle Function in Taekwondo
Players,1997, World Taekwondo Federation Quarterly Magazine, No,65,pp.35~44.
13) A Study on the Cardio-respiratory Function in Taekwondo player, The Korean Journal of sports Science,
14) A Response on Oxygen Uptake, Heart Rate and Blood Lactate During Game in Taekwondo Players,
The Korean Journal of sports Science, 1996,vol.5.No.1.pp.135~142.
15) Effect of De-training on Metabolic change in Taekwondo Players, The Journal of Korean National University of Sports,1994,Vol .17,pp,139
SPORTS SCIENCE JOURNAL PUBLICATION
1) Mutation of the β-3 adrenergic receptor gene is associated with body fat distribution in Korean adults,
The Journal of Korean sports medicine,2005,Vol.23(1),pp,64~70.
2) The health condition and physical fitness of the rural area adults, , The Korean Journal of sports Science,
3) Health status and lifestyle including diet,exercise, and daily activities in obese adults, The Journal of
Korean sports medicine,2005,Vol.23(1),pp,54~63.
4) The relationships among leisure sports participation, flow experience and their organizational
effectiveness.,The Korean Journal of sports Science, 2004,vol.15.No.2.pp.807~820.
5) The effect of lumbar spine, femur bone mineral density and physical fitness bowing exercise in middle age
women, Korean sport research,2004,Vol,15,No3 pp,1193~1200.
6) Blood concentrations of lipid profiles and leptin, bone density, and abdominal fat in adult women,2003,The
Korean journal of exercise nutrition,Vol.7,No.3,pp,271~276.
7) A skill contents analysis of Win-lost in the women’s professional baskeball game, The korea journal of
sports science,2002,Vol.11. No.1, pp 687~693.
8) Effect of mutation of β 3-Adrenoceptor gene polymorphism and regular physical activity on body fat
distribution and lipid metabolism in Korean premenopausal women, The journal of keimyung university
life science institute,2002,Vol.28,pp.181-190..
9) Development of the functional beverage containing the prunus mume extracts, 2000, Korean journal. Food
10) Change of exercise-induced fatigue variables after rapid weight loss through dehydration and starvation,
The Korean journal of physical education,2000.Vol,39.No.3.pp.377-390.
11) Physical fitness and mental health of college students in daegu , Korean journal of sports
12) The change of physical fitness in daily sports participant of different aged, The journal of keimyung
university life science institute,1997,Vol.23,pp.393.
13) Change of total cholesterol, HDL,LDL and Triglyceride Concentration during acute maximal swimming
exercise in different aged of rats,1993,The journal of spors science research,yong-in university sports
science institute, Vol,3, pp.47~60.
14) Effect of glutamine uptake on the lactate formation and heart rate during exercise in cyclists,
The joural of Korean national university of sports,1992,Vol .11,pp,151~164
15) Effect of hindlimb suspension on soleus muscle in rats, The journal of sport science institution, Korean
national university of sport, 1992,Vol,11(1),pp.165~176.
16) The effect of glutamine ingestion on lactate formation during maximal and submaximal exercise in
distance runners, The journal of sport science institution, Korean national university of sport,
17) Effect of glutamate uptake on the lactate formation and heart rate during exercise in cyclists,
The journal of sport science institution, Korean national university of sport, 1992,Vol,11(1),pp.153~164.
18) The effect of long term training on blood component of the blind and spinal cord injured, The journal of
sport science institution, Korean national university of sport, 1991,Vol,10(1),pp.191~203.
SCHOLARLY JOURNAL PUBLICATION
1) Certification, 92 International sport science congress(1)
2) Certification, 92 International sport science congress(2)
3) Determinant methods of anaerobic threshold related to optimal exercise intensity, The ’97 Seoul
International Sport Science Congress, pp.563~572,1997 .
4) Comparision of Immune function between training and resting phases in judo athletes,
The ’98 Seoul International Sport Science Congress, pp.817~824. 1998.
5) Comparison of body composition and physiological exercise performance by weight control methods in
rapid weight control, The ‘2000 Seoul International Sport Science Congress, pp.762~767.
6) Relationship of obese character between mother and children, 2003 Daegu Universiade
7) Characteristic of indicator with respect to obesity in middle-aged men, 2004 Korea exercise science
academy winter conference
8 ) Field test for evaluation of anaerobic performance in Taekwondo players, 2005 KSR International
Convention of Sports Science,pp99~111.
Obesity and Physical Exercise (2003), Keimyong University Press
Modern Society and Sports (2003) Keimyong University Press