YOUTH & ADULT CLASS
YOUTH & ADULT CLASS
The philosophy of Taekwondo is to build a more peaceful world. To accomplish this goal Tae Kwon Do begins with the foundation, the individual. The Art strives to develop the character, personality, and positive moral and ethical traits in each practitioner. It is upon this "foundation" of individuals possessing positive attitudes and characteristics that the "end goal" may be achieved.
It is a common misunderstanding that Taekwondo is solely designed for children. The goals and principles of Taekwondo such as gaining the insight of oneself and striving for excellence are universally applicable for all genders and ages. It is a matter of taming the natural human qualities to higher level both physically and mentally. Unlike other self-defense martial arts, Taekwondo accentuates the need for a profound soul-searching and virtue-finding through physical, mental, and moral training that develops a practitioner better person. Nowadays, Taekwondo has been increasingly popularized in the international community as the perfect exercise for adults: cardiovascular, muscular, chiropractic, and mental exercises all at the same time.
The nature of Taekwondo is based on two fundamental aspects: practical value and ideological value. The practical value of Taekwondo is based on the movement of each individual technique and the principles controlling this technique. The ideological value of Taekwondo is based on three ideals that form the idea of Taekwondo: technical, artistic and philosophical ideals. Yet, technique is the starting point, as well as the final goal of practicing Taekwondo. All internal values of Taekwondo emerge from its technique; they exist on any stage of technique development and due to it. Taekwondo spirit starts from technique, develops within it and reaches perfection through technique.
We serve the ideals of courtesy, integrity, perseverance, self-control, and indomitable spirit as the founding principles to teach for our students. Those ideals are codified as Taekwondo ethical rules which there serve the basis to develop morals and human dignity with the disciples. High level of ethics shall be adhered to both inside and outside one’s club. When a person reaches a high level of ability to realize relative virtues in everything, he or she acts with efficiency and determination.
1. Know the wisdom of being patient during times of inactivity.
2. Choose the course of justice as the path for your life.
3. Do not allow your heart to be controlled by the demands of desire, pleasure, or dependence.
4. Sorrow, pain, and resentment are natural qualities to be found in life. Therefore, work to cultivate an immovable spirit.
5. Hold in your heart the importance of family loyalty, and pursue the literary and martial arts with balanced determination.
6. Be wise in pocket management but be foolish in perfecting your skills. There is no shortcut in Taekwondo.
7. Be ambitious and bear the universe in mind. Think as if you are a master but act as if you are the lower.
8. There is nothing free in this world.
9. Always be respectful.
10. Always be grateful.
The qualities gained from practicing Taekwondo can be applied to any aspects of life, from academia to work to social interaction to nurturing. It is our ardent hope that all the practitioners of Captain Taekwondo be the masters of their own lives. We can help you.
Thank you very much.